Late 2015 the Belgium dredging contractor DEME approached Vuyk to make the first steps in designing what was to become one of the biggest and most powerfull cutter suction dredgers in the world. It was to be best in class with regards to production, workability and efficiency.
In the very early concept phase of the design, one of the first key components to focus on was the cutter ladder. Calculations and simulations were done with multi-phase CFD to assess production of the cutter, torsional vibration calculations were done on the full drive shaft and first general arrangement concepts were finished. Eventually, all engineering necessary for production of the complete ladder was performed by Vuyk engineers.
- Preliminary design package
- Preliminary tender information for inquiries
- Design package ready for production
- Incorporate manufacturing standards and procedures
- Support transition and translation detailed design at yard
- Specifications parts
- Design manuals
- Operational manuals