Structural Engineer Operational Engineering
Structural Engineer Operational EngineeringLast updated 3 months ago
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a structural engineer operational engineering who wants to develop to a project engineer position in the upcoming years. You already have a solid engineering background, where you have been involved in all engineering phases like concepts, design, calculations and drafting of structural solutions for marine operations projects. With this experience you can predict the behaviour and conditions during operations and you’re able to find solutions for structural issues of different types of vessels. You can think of solutions for seafastening, motion control, mooring systems and installation procedures with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad.
With learning on the job, help of your colleagues and different courses we will develop you as project engineer, who will be responsible for future structural operational engineering projects. On this position you are responsible for the whole concept, design and engineering of the project. You’ll keep in close contact with our clients and engineering team to make sure planning and budget stays under control. After finishing and handing over the final reports you stay in touch with our clients during execution of the project. If necessary you’ll travel offshore to guide the project and be point of contact for the offshore crew.
The role of structural engineer is fully focused on engineering and technical related issues. The position of project engineer will be a mix of engineering and project management, where about 70% of your time is focused on engineering and technical issues. The remaining time you’ll guide your team, visit clients and make sure planning and budget stays under control.
- Responsible for concepts, designs and engineering of structural operational projects
- Make calculations and cad models with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad
- Give input for project engineers for estimation and planning
- Willing to travel and go on site to guide marine operations of our clients
- A BSc. or MSc. in Marine-, Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or comparable
- About 5 years’ experience in marine operations projects for different types of vessels
- Experience with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad
- Good communication in English and Dutch (verbally and writing)
- Willing to develop to a role as project engineer
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and possibilities to work from home
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team (average experience 10+ years) and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training
- Outside of working time activities like drinks, football, harbour runs and other