Sr. Marine systems designer
Sr. Marine systems designerLast updated 2 months ago
Based on clients specifications, safety regulations and standards you design the system layout of the ship with their piperouting. You make calculations for pump systems, drive systems, propulsion systems etc. and translate them to 3D models and 2D designs. Systems you can think of are fuel, water-extinguishing, cooling systems, propulsion, system diagrams etc. You work closely together with your colleagues of the vessel design department on new ships but also ship conversions are part of the job.
For this role we’re looking for someone who has the technical knowhow to design marine systems from scratch, but also has the skills to have the lead in the project, communicate with our clients and can guide more jr. designers and engineers. Main focus of this role will be on the technical/engineering part.
The position of sr. marine systems engineer will be on the vessel design department. This department consists of engineers divided in lead engineers, naval architects, system engineers and structural engineers. The projects you’re going to work on are client specific vessels for offshore, renewable, dredging and mining, and salvage and decommissioning markets.
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam B.V. services the maritime industry with integrated design and engineering packages. It is renowned in its market for high-tech performance and tailor-made vessel designs or conversions, as well as equipment design and marine operations engineering.
Interested in working for Vuyk? Send your application to email@example.com or call Sebastiaan Schuurman for more information (+31 (0)10 312 6400)
- Designing and engineering marine systems for all types of vessels
- Making calculations and layouts for engine rooms and piperouting, like pump calculations, drive calculations, system diagrams, propulsion etc.
- Leading projects, contact with clients and guide more jr. designers and engineers
- Work according to classifications and specifications of Lloyds and Veritas
- Investigate opportunities for alternative fuel systems (energy transition)
- Bachelor or Msc. in Mechanical, Marine engineering or comparable
- Knowledge of relevant requirements from classification societies and authorities
- Knowledge of system components, piping materials and vessel layouts.
- Experience with engineering and design tools like Nupas Cadmatic and Autocad
- Knowledge of alternative fuel systems would be a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9) and multiple arrangements for insurance, bikeplan etc.
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team (average experience 10+ years)
- Study possibilities and training
- Outside of working time activities like drinks, football, harbour runs and other