Lead Structural Engineer Operational Engineering
Lead Structural Engineer Operational EngineeringLast updated 2 months ago
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a Lead Structural Engineer Operational Engineering. In this role, you’re responsible from the very beginning of a project where you specify client questions into estimations, budgets and planning. During the project, you’re responsible for concept, design, calculations and engineering of offshore operations. Projects will focus on workability, design of structures like seafastening and grillages, blade rack design, lifting analyses etc.
After finishing and handing over the final reports you’ll stay in touch with our clients during execution of the project. If necessary, you’ll travel offshore to guide the project and be point of contact for the offshore crew.
The position of lead engineer will be a mix of engineering and project management, where about 70% of your time is focused on engineering and technical issues. The remaining time you’ll guide your team, contact/visit clients and make sure planning and budget stays under control.
- Estimating, budgeting, and planning for operational engineering projects
- Inform and manage the engineeringteam about the project and planning
- Responsible for concepts, designs and engineering of structural operational projects
- Make calculations and models with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad
- Being point of contact towards clients and offshore crew and open to travel offshore during execution of the projects
- A MSc. in Maritime-, Mechanical-, Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or comparable
- 7+ years’ experience in operational engineering projects with focus on structural engineering
- Experience with software like Ansys, Solid Edge and Autocad
- Experience with managing an engineeringteam and operational engineering projects
- Having practical experience during execution would be a plus
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and working from home arrangement.
- Working on state-of-the-art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training