Lead Engineer Offshore Equipment
Lead Engineer Offshore EquipmentLast updated one day ago
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a lead engineer offshore equipment for their equipment design department. As a lead engineer your work starts at the beginning of a project, where you receive a client request from one of our technical sales managers . Based on their information you make an estimation of the work and the amount of hours and prepare budgets and planning. You select your engineeringteam in consideration with the department manager and start working on the project.
During the engineering phase you are responsible for making designs and concepts by modelling and calculating (hand-, excel and FEM) offshore equipment. You’re responsible for the total design and will be managing other engineers and designers during the project. The job is focused on engineering where you’ll be spending about 60/70 % of your time on, but contact with our clients is also an important part of the job. Because our projects are multidiscipline, you'll cooperate with our other departments, vessel design and operational engineering, as well.
There are multiple projects at once and with your team (which exists of a lead engineer, engineers and designers) you’ll work on heavy equipment projects like cable lay-, pipelay-, dredging- and heavy lift equipment.
- Meeting with clients and make estimations, budgets and planning
- Lead a multidiscipline team of engineers and designers during the project
- Making all type of calculations like hand-, excel- and FEM calculations
- Making (detailed) design models with CAD software like Autocad and Solid Edge based on your calculations
- Discuss progress with your clients and department manager
- Bachelor or University level in Mechanical Engineering or comparable
- Multiple years’ of experience within heavy equipment design and concepts
- Experience with FEM and design software, preferably Ansys and Solid Edge
- Experience with strength calculations, hand calculations, mechanics
- Experience with complex heavy equipment projects
- Excellent skills in both Dutch and English
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and possibilities to work from home
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team (average experience 10+ years) and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training
- Outside of working time activities like drinks, football, harbour runs and other