(Jr.) Operational Marine Designer
(Jr.) Operational Marine DesignerLast updated 2 weeks ago
At Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam we currently have a position available for a recent graduate in the field of Marine Technology or Naval Architecture. In this job you’ll be responsible for complex operational marine engineering issues, where you can think of analysis for structural, stability or hydrodynamical related topics. With this analysis you can predict the behaviour and conditions during marine operations and you’re able to find solutions for structural and hydrodynamical issues of different types of vessels. You can think of solutions for seafastening, motion control, mooring systems and installation procedures with software like Ansys, Orcaflex and AQWA.
For this role we’re looking for someone with a wide range of engineering interest, but who is keen to learn about the practical part as well. In this way you’re able to work on multiple projects in different departments at once. In some cases our customers request to have extra engineering support from Vuyk during execution; you’re happy to join them!
Interested in working for Vuyk? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sebastiaan Schuurman for more information (+31 (0)10 312 6400)
- Perform all sorts of engineering analysis (structural, hydrodynamical, stability)
- Design solutions for seafastening and mooring issues together with engineers/designers
- Writing reports and advice customers during project in execution phase
- Join customers during operations
- Guiding (jr.) engineers during the projects
- MSc or BSc in Marine Technology, Naval Architecture or comparable
- Experienced with software like Orcaflex, Ansys and AQWA
- A wide interest in engineering topics
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and multiple arrangements for insurance, bikeplan etc.
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work an
- Working in an experienced team (average experience 10+ years) and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training
- Possibility to grow within our organisation to positions like specialist engineer or a more management position
- Outside of working time activities like football, harbour runs, Friday drink and more