(Sr.) Hydrodynamics Engineer
(Sr.) Hydrodynamics EngineerLast updated 2 weeks ago
As a (Sr.) hydrodynamics Engineer you’re responsible for making all sorts of calculations to determine the workability of offshore vessels and operational solutions for the purpose of optimal execution of operations on, above and below water. This can be for operational projects but also (assisting) during concepts and designs of new vessels, equipment or conversions. Your main focus will be on analyses with Orcaflex, AQWA, STARCCM+ and CFD but with always with the purpose in mind. Therefore, affinity with operational methods and structural engineering is an advantage. Structural design may therefore also be part of the projects you will be involved in. During the projects you work closely together with your colleagues of the department operational engineering as well as the departments vessel design and equipment design.
For this position we’re aiming for someone who loves complex engineering issues and creating practical solutions, wants to develop in different engineering fields as well and enjoys going on site or offshore occasionally.
- Perform hydrodynamical, motion, CFD and workability analyses with software like Orcaflex, AQWA and STARCCM+.
- Design solutions for projects in offshore operations as well as for new vessels and equipment or conversions (together with other departments)
- Assist clients during execution of project on site and offshore
- Assist other engineers and designers during the projects
- MSc in Marine Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture or comparable
- -Preferaby a couple of years’ experience in hydrodynamics, motions and workability analyses, but we invite recent graduates to apply as well
- Experienced with appropriate software where knowledge of Orcaflex, AQWA and STARCCM+ is a plus
- Experience with vessel operations, vessel design and / or CFD analyses is a big plus
- A practical mindset and willing to work on site / offshore as well.
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and possibilities to work from home
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training
- Possibility to grow within our organisation to positions like specialist engineer or a lead engineer role
- Outside of working time activities like football, harbour runs, Friday drink and more