Marine Systems Engineer
Marine Systems EngineerLast updated 2 months ago
As a Marine Systems Engineer you are responsible for the complete design and layout of all related marine systems for new vessels as well as big conversions of vessels.
Your job already starts in the early stage of orientation with the client, where you join or provide input for our commercial team to inform clients about the possibilities of marine systems related to their requests. In this process you have a good eye for existing marine systems, but also good knowledge of developments in the alternative marine systems regarding the energy transition.Once the clients specifications are settled, you can calculate and design the first set-up of all marine systems on board. This means you design arrangements of technical spaces, like engine and pump rooms, make calculations for pump systems, drive systems and propulsion systems, etc. Systems you can think of are fuel, fire-extinguishing, cooling systems, propulsion, system diagrams etc.
For this role we’re looking for someone who has the technical knowhow to design marine systems from scratch, but also has the skills to communicate with our clients and can guide designers and engineers. Main focus of this role will be on the technical/engineering part.
• Determine specifications for marine systems together with clients
• Designing and engineering marine systems for all types of vessels, both new vessels and conversions
• Making calculations and layouts for engine rooms like pump calculations, drive calculations, system diagrams, propulsion etc.
• Leading projects, contact with clients and guide designers and engineers
• Work according to classifications and specifications of Lloyds and Veritas
• Investigate and develop opportunities for alternative fuel systems (energy transition)
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or comparable
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar position
• Knowledge of relevant requirements from classification societies and authorities
• Knowledge of system components, piping materials and vessel layouts.
• Experience with engineering and design tools like Nupas Cadmatic and Autocad
• Knowledge of electrical systems would be a plus
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and possibilities to work from home
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training
- Possibility to grow within our organisation to positions like specialist engineer or a lead engineer role
- Outside of working time activities like football, harbour runs, Friday drink and more